No Bake Custard Mix makes a versatile dessert. It may be made into pies or tarts or served in its own individual cup. The cup can be coated with caramelized sugar before filling to make a flan type dessert. This is served upended on a plate. The custard can be flavored with Hazelnut or White Chocolate Extracts or prepared with heavy cream for a different texture. After 2 hours of refrigeration, it is ready to serve. Keep prepared custard refrigerated.
- Mix a little of the milk with the custard powder in a heatproof mixing bowl.
- Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan nearly to the boil, be careful that it doesn’t boil over.
- Pour the hot milk over the custard powder mixture, whisking all the time.
- Serve the custard with fruit, like chopped banana or berries.
- Use the custard to make mini trifles.
- Serve with piping hot apple crumble.