Manufacturing Technology and sugar production includes following steps:
- Detachment of the dirt and stones from the beets;
- Shredding beet into flakes;
- Soaking beet flakes in a hot water in order to extract sugar syrup;
- Lime purification of sugar syrup with further acid processing;
- Getting utfel, crystallization of sugar;
- Separation of sugar and sugar syrup in centrifugal machine;
- And now let`s compare it with manufacturing technology of instant milk:
- Normalization of milk (mixing milk with different fat percentage to bring fat content to the standard level);
- Pasteurization (heating milk to a specific temperature for a set period of time in order to kill harmful bacteria);
- Condensation (evaporation);
- Condensed milk desiccation in special machines.
It is obvious that instant milk is the same as regular one without water whereas sugar is a product of deep processing of beet, and its whitening with lime. Ready-made sugar does not contain lime, since it is removed before sugar arrives for direct consumption. However, can we say that sugar is a natural product? Is it useful? Why some consumers are so negative in terms of powdered products being loyal to sugar which is everywhere, almost in all food we eat?
Thus, a modern consumer must pay attention first of all to healthfulness of a product regardless of its nature. As to deep processing, and technologies in food industry, there is nothing bad about it. Processing and technologies are normal phenomena in today`s world as well TV, smartphones and 3D printers. That is why, you should not be too conservative in terms of food. However, everyone has a choice and the most important thing is to make a correct choice based on trustful and accurate information.